Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by ji...@bayesinf.com on 2005/06/13 16:03:24 UTC

SVN for Xalan ?

Hi all,

I discovered SVN in the context of Xerces. I downloaded the active branch at
this very moment and built it in a mingw platform.

I pretend to do the same with Xalan if such a thing exists (SVN) (the mingw
support I guess is still to come).

Can anyone pass me the url of the active Xalan branch provided it is other
than the cvs?

jima

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi JIma!
We don't use CVN as a file repository yet . You can get the latest XalanC
version from CVS , or look at it here:
 http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xalan/c/

Thanks!
Dmitry

<ji...@bayesinf.com>
06/13/2005 10:03 AM
Please respond to
xalan-dev

<xa...@xml.apache.org>
cc

Subject
SVN for Xalan ?

Hi all,

I discovered SVN in the context of Xerces. I downloaded the active branch
at
this very moment and built it in a mingw platform.

I pretend to do the same with Xalan if such a thing exists (SVN) (the
mingw
support I guess is still to come).

Can anyone pass me the url of the active Xalan branch provided it is other
than the cvs?

jima

> I have deployed Xerces (2.6) and Xalan (1.8) on a windows machine and
> compiled the first without problems for mingw.
>
> To compile the second I had to do some hacking (if someone else is
> interested in this I could provide with the files I used), but the magic
> seems not to work for Xalan (1.9).

Can you explain in more detail what this "magic" was, and why it's not
working any longer?

> Is there a standar way to configure Xalan to work for mingw directly as
> there is for Xerces?

No, but it would be good to have, and there should not be much difference,
if any, between cygwin and mingw.

Dave

---

---

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
> Hi all,
>
> I discovered SVN in the context of Xerces. I downloaded the active
branch at
> this very moment and built it in a mingw platform.
>
> I pretend to do the same with Xalan if such a thing exists (SVN) (the
mingw
> support I guess is still to come).
>
> Can anyone pass me the url of the active Xalan branch provided it is
other
> than the cvs?

No, the Xalan project is still using CVS, so you will have to use CVS to
get the source code.

Dave