Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Dave Cardwell <da...@davecardwell.co.uk> on 2013/04/04 15:28:55 UTC

Oozie Sqoop Action Error: IllegalArgumentException: JobId string : is not properly formed

I have a Sqoop action which uses sqoop-eval to call a MySQL stored
procedure. It works fine from the command line, and the call actually
completes in Oozie giving an external status of “SUCCEEDED”, but the
resulting status of the action is ERROR, with the following message:

IllegalArgumentException: JobId string :  is not properly formed

Here is the action configuration:

<sqoop xmlns="uri:oozie:sqoop-action:0.2">
  <job-tracker>my.server.com:8021</job-tracker>
  <name-node>hdfs://my.server.com:8020</name-node>
  <arg>eval</arg>
  <arg>--query</arg>
  <arg>CALL `move_cdrs_to_working`;</arg>
  <arg>--connect</arg>
  <arg>jdbc:mysql://my.server.com/my_database</arg>
  <arg>--username</arg>
  <arg>my_user</arg>
  <arg>--password</arg>
  <arg>my_password</arg>
</sqoop>

The job log:
https://gist.github.com/davecardwell/fd08802d6bdfd901d38a

Any ideas?

--
Best wishes,
Dave Cardwell.

http://davecardwell.co.uk/

Re: Oozie Sqoop Action Error: IllegalArgumentException: JobId string : is not properly formed

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
If an exception happens during an action's execution, it should show up in
the task tracker's log for the single map task that launched the job.  This
would be the same as the "external id" that Oozie reports when you get info
about that job.

- Robert

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Cardwell <da...@davecardwell.co.uk>.