Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Alex Panin <al...@akvelon.com> on 2023/06/12 18:13:20 UTC

Tour of Beam - an interactive Apache Beam learning guide

Hi Beam community!

We invite you to try the Tour Of Beam <https://tour.beam.apache.org> [1] - an interactive Apache Beam learning guide.

Please share your feedback<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdI3yTmsCtk_neVPt0zQOPSmxDBlz3uX2AcmUpoNT6iGEwkUQ/viewform?usp=pp_url> [2] !

Key features available for preview:

* Java, Python, and Go SDK learning journeys covering such topics as
    * Introduction to Beam
    * Common and Core Transforms
    * Windowing
    * Triggers
    * IO Connectors
    * Cross-Language Transforms
* Trying built-in examples and solving challenges
* Tracking learning progress (for authenticated users)

Planned/in-progress items:
* Support for cross-language examples execution
* Learning content contribution guide
* PR 26964<https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/26964> [3] - UI refinement
* PR 26861<https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/26861> [4] - Final challenge content

Please submit feedback form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdI3yTmsCtk_neVPt0zQOPSmxDBlz3uX2AcmUpoNT6iGEwkUQ/viewform?usp=pp_urlt> [2] or built-in “Enjoying Tour Of Beam?” form to provide your feedback and suggestions!

Thank you for trying out the Tour Of Beam!

Thanks,
Alex, on behalf of Tour Of Beam team

[1] - https://tour.beam.apache.org
[2] - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdI3yTmsCtk_neVPt0zQOPSmxDBlz3uX2AcmUpoNT6iGEwkUQ/viewform?usp=pp_url

Re: Tour of Beam - an interactive Apache Beam learning guide

Posted by Kerry Donny-Clark via user <us...@beam.apache.org>.
Sounds good to me, working on it now. The current content is all notebooks,
I will move them around into other learning materials sections and update
the names to change "tour of beam" language.
Kerry

Posted by XQ Hu via user <us...@beam.apache.org>.

Posted by Kerry Donny-Clark via user <us...@beam.apache.org>.

Posted by Svetak Sundhar via user <us...@beam.apache.org>.
+1, I got confused when I first tried to navigate.

Given these examples in the former are all going to be in Colab notebooks,
I propose we name it something like "Colab Examples".

@XQ Hu <xq...@google.com>

Svetak Sundhar

  Data Engineer
s <ne...@google.com>vetaksundhar@google.com