Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arnaud Carrard <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/07 10:18:23 UTC

Pb running FOP

Hi,

I cannot access the FOP-FAQ on the xml.apache.org web
site, concerning the use of FOP, so I write directly
to this list.
I would like to apologise in advance because I am a
real beginner in this field and I might not be using
the right channel to ask my questions (let me know if
this is the case).

Situation:
I have installed sun java v 1.31. I have transformed
an .xml document into a .fo document using an .xsl
document (with msxsl command line). I now try to
transform this .fo document into a.pdf document. I
have also installed msxml v 3.

Problem:
To do the transformation, I am using this command:
java -jar fop.jar doc.fo doc.pdf -d
I then got a lot of error messages (Using SAX Parser
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser - Building
formatting object tree - Warning: Unknown formatting
object- ERROR: nul).

Questions:
Is this the right way to process an .fo file?
Do I need to install something else to make things
working?
What else should I do?

Thank you in advance and sorry if this question has
nothing to do on this list.

Arnaud Carrard.

Re: Pb running FOP

Posted by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr>.
Hi Arnaud,

That's about right, but try putting the "-d" argument before the doc.fo
and doc.pdf. Hopefully you will get a better debugging message. It
sounds like your .fo file has an unknown object in it, although the
message isn't very helpful. You might want to include your .fo file with
your message so one of us can take a look at it.

Regards,
Karen Lease