Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by manya cancerian <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/06 07:23:35 UTC

Authentication and Authorization on Zeppelin

hi ,

Have anyone implemented any authentication and authorization mechanism over
Zeppelin. Right now there is absolutely no login and permissions required
to access the notebook interface

Its imperative in case we use it with any valuable and important data.

Regards
Manya

RE: Re: Authentication and Authorization on Zeppelin

Posted by Albert Yoon <yo...@kanizsalab.com>.
I used nginx as basic auth + https reverse proxy for secure zeppelin now. except separated websocket port of zeppelin makes setup little tricky but it works quite well for me.

Works 메일 앱에서 보냈습니다.

제목: Re: Authentication and Authorization on Zeppelin

Hi,
A workaround I though of last week is to give each user it's own Zeppelin instance that runs locally on their desktop in (boot2)docker.I haven't tried it yet but would that work?
Niels

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 7:23 AM, manya cancerian &lt;manyacancerian@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
hi ,
Have anyone implemented any authentication and authorization mechanism over Zeppelin. Right now there is absolutely no login and permissions required to access the notebook interface
Its imperative in case we use it with any valuable and important data.

RegardsManya

Niels Basjes

Re: Authentication and Authorization on Zeppelin

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 7:23 AM, manya cancerian <ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi ,
>
> Have anyone implemented any authentication and authorization mechanism
> over Zeppelin. Right now there is absolutely no login and permissions
> required to access the notebook interface
>
> Its imperative in case we use it with any valuable and important data.
>

> Regards
> Manya

Niels Basjes