Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Shirai Takashi/ 白井隆 <sh...@nintendo.co.jp> on 2021/02/19 04:13:33 UTC

Patch contribution to support Ingest-Attachment for Elasticsearch

Hi, there.

ManifoldCF can use mapping-attachments plugin for Elasticsearch connector.
But it is obsolete, to recommend ingest-attachment plugin instead.
I try to support this plugin with the attached patch.

The patch is made for 2.18.
Though I can also make the patch by 'git format-patch' if needed,
it seems that the git repository cannot keep newlines exactly.

May I contribute this patch?

Usage:

1.Add the pipeline with Elasticsearch.
(Example)
PUT _ingest/pipeline/attachment
{
  "description": "Extract attachment information",
  "processors": [
    {
      "attachment": {
        "field": "data"
      }
    }
  ]
}

This example will cause the following settings.
	Pipeline name: attachment
	Content field name: data

2.Add the output connection with ManifoldCF.
2-1.Check "use ingest-attachment".
2-2.Input the above string for "Pipeline name:".
2-3.Input the above string for "Content field name:".

3.Add the job with this output connection.

4.Start this job.

----
Nintendo, Co., Ltd.
Product Technology Dept.
Takashi SHIRAI
PHONE: +81-75-662-9600
mailto:shirai@nintendo.co.jp

Re: Patch contribution to support Ingest-Attachment for Elasticsearch

Posted by Shirai Takashi/ 白井隆 <sh...@nintendo.co.jp>.
Hi, there.

Shirai Takashi wrote:
>ManifoldCF can use mapping-attachments plugin for Elasticsearch connector.
>But it is obsolete, to recommend ingest-attachment plugin instead.
>I try to support this plugin with the attached patch.

Sorry, I have some mistake with this patch.
Please replace it with the one attached to this mail.

I've failed to copy the text,
to output the excessive '}' in the JSON code.
Elasticsearch treats the lack of '}' as an error,
and allows the surplus of '}'.
Then the previous patch causes no error, but it is not right.

----