Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <og...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/07 17:29:41 UTC

New algo: Near duplicate detection

This sounds simple and apparently it's effective...should anyone want to give it a try:

http://glinden.blogspot.com/2008/08/clever-method-of-near-duplicate.html

Otis

Re: New algo: Near duplicate detection

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Dennis Kubes wrote:
> I just saw that as well.  I think it is worth a go implementing this.
>
> Dennis
>
> Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>> This sounds simple and apparently it's effective...should anyone want
>> to give it a try:
>>
>> http://glinden.blogspot.com/2008/08/clever-method-of-near-duplicate.html

Interesting, I agree it's worth checking. The reference to the use of
inverted indexes is intriguing - perhaps we could use the already
existing Lucene index which is being de-duplicated.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: New algo: Near duplicate detection