Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2015/02/19 02:26:59 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Aurora as a TLP

Based on community discussions on the project mailing lists and the current
state of Apache Aurora (incubating) I would like to start a community VOTE
for Apache Aurora (incubating) to graduate from the Incubator and become a
Top Level Project. If this VOTE is successful then I will call an Incubator
PMC VOTE, and pending that successfully passing, I will paste the project
graduation resolution below into the board agenda to be discussed at the
next board meeting.

Status page: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/aurora.html
Graduation discussion: http://s.apache.org/dpn

Please vote

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Aurora as a TLP
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Aurora as a TLP because…

Voting will end in 72 hours, i.e. 21:00 UTC on 2015-02-21
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20150221T21

-Jake

=========== Board Resolution ==========

Establish the Apache Aurora Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
public, related to a framework for long-running services
and cron jobs.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Aurora Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Aurora Project be and hereby is
related to a framework for long-running services and cron
jobs; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Aurora" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Aurora Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Aurora Project; and be it further

Apache Aurora Project:

   * Mark Chu-Carroll <mc...@apache.org>
   * William Farner <wf...@apache.org>
   * Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>
   * Benjamin Hindman <be...@apache.org>
   * Suman Karumuri <ma...@apache.org>
   * Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>
   * Dave Lester <dl...@apache.org>
   * Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>
   * David McLaughlin <dm...@apache.org>
   * Henry Saputra <hs...@apache.org>
   * Kevin Sweeney <ke...@apache.org>
   * Brian Wickman <wi...@apache.org>
   * Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Bill Farner
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Aurora, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Aurora PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Aurora Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Aurora Project be and hereby
Incubator Aurora podling; and be it further

Incubator Aurora podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

AW: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Aurora as a TLP

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Aurora as a TLP

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Congrats Aurora!

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 (binding).

Good luck!

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect

Posted by Mauricio Garavaglia <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by John Sirois <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Joseph Jacks <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Aurora as a TLP

Posted by Dobromir Montauk <do...@tellapart.com>.
+1

Posted by Bhuvan Arumugam <bh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Jeffrey Davis <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 !

—
Sent from Mailbox

Posted by Alexius Ludeman <le...@lexinator.com>.
+1

Posted by Benjamin Staffin <be...@folsomlabs.com>.
+1!

Posted by Brian Wickman <wi...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org>.
Just to clarify here, all community members are encouraged to
participate in the vote. :)

For me: +1! (binding)

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by David McLaughlin <da...@dmclaughlin.com>.
+1!

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
+1

Holding the vote through till monday to give the other mentors that might
have not seen the thread a chance to vote

-Jake

Posted by Daniel Mercer <dm...@fantoccini.com>.
+1

Posted by Joshua Cohen <jc...@twopensource.com>.