Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Brad Larden <bs...@ausgate.cv.com> on 1997/03/31 11:10:01 UTC

os-solaris/290: Cannot compile - Undefined symbol bcopy

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Mon Mar 31 11:00:01 PST 1997

>Number:         290
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       Cannot compile - Undefined symbol bcopy
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Read and understand the install procedure.
Ran make (using gcc 2.7.2.1) and it gets to the point
gcc -o httpd alloc.o http_main.o.......etc -lsocket -lnsl

I get

Undefined symbol     first referenced in file
bcopy                modules/proxy/libproxy.a(proxy_ftp.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. no output written to httpd
***Error code 1
etc etc
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I used the proxy_ftp.c file from apache_1.2b4 and it compiled fine.
I am no unix guru, so it may be something I am missing somewhere but I could not
figure out another solution