Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2016/05/28 20:14:54 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Release schedule changes for 6.2 / 7.0

Hi all,

since we’re obviously not meeting the 5/15 release date for 6.2.0, I’d like to propose we push all releases forward by 1 month. So, we get

	v6.2.0 -> ~6/15
	v7.0.0 -> 10/15
	v7.1.0 -> 2/15
	v7.2.0 -> 6/15

Looking at how much work has gone into v6.2.0 since we branched, I also think we need to make an official rule to branch 6 weeks prior to the release dates. We also might want to start making more RC’s, making it easier for people to test the releases (but, it’s really easy to checkout from Github). This all is with the assumption of course that people keep testing these release branches :).

Finally, thanks to everyone for testing and working on the v6.2.0, and providing some great fixes! Keep up the good work, keep testing, keep filing Jira’s and Github PR’s! If you haven’t tested the 6.2.x branch yet, now is a good time to do so.

Cheers,

— Leif