Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stefan Krompaß <my...@web.de> on 2003/04/22 09:47:24 UTC

Struts and Filter

Hi!

I have an example Struts-application with a login (username and password) and a registration page. Each user is able to register only once (that is: the username should be unique). So I coded a filter that checks if the username is already taken before the username and password is stored in the database. If it is, it sends the user back to the registration page.
My problem is that there has some message to be displayed ("Choose another username" or something like that). Is there any possibility to put error-messages in the filter (non-Struts) so that they can be displayed via the tag in the JSP (Struts)?
Thanks for any help!

Stefan