Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de> on 2002/08/21 10:22:44 UTC

Sometimes it works somtimes I get an socket-exception

Hi folks,

I am using soap 2.3.1 and JBuilder6 as IDE. The day before yesturday my
simple rpc-call yesturday I got an exception starting it the first time.
Starting it again it worked. Today I got this Exception again.

SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect] 	at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:354) 	at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248) 	at
de.mc.etnbestterm.data.MainDataHolder.retrieveWelcomeInfo(MainDataHolder.jav
a:61) 	at
de.mc.etnbestterm.data.MainDataHolder.<init>(MainDataHolder.java:38) 	at
de.mc.etnbestterm.data.DataHolderFactory.getMainDataHolder(DataHolderFactory
.java:22) 	at
de.mc.etnbestterm.WillkommenPanel.jbInit(WillkommenPanel.java:45) 	at
de.mc.etnbestterm.WillkommenPanel.<init>(WillkommenPanel.java:27) 	at
de.mc.etnbestterm.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:26) 	at
de.mc.etnbestterm.Bestellterminal.<init>(Bestellterminal.java:32) 	at
de.mc.etnbestterm.Bestellterminal.main(Bestellterminal.java:68)

today I changed the the url from localhost:8080 to localhost:80 and now it
is functiioning again,
but I cannot use the tunneltool shipped out with soap, because it wants 2
different ports.
the days before when I used the port 80 it never worked. I have not changed
the ports of tomcat while this time, it is still on 80.
what is hapening, where should I look for the fault?

greetings,

Malte