Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/09 00:18:43 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ratis incubating Release 0.1.0-alpha rc0

Hi IPMC,

The Apache Ratis community has voted and approved the proposal to
release Apache Ratis incubating Release 0.1.0-alpha rc0.  We now
kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this
source-only incubator release.

Apache Ratis is an open source java implementation for RAFT consensus
protocol. RAFT is being used successfully as an alternative to Paxos
to implement a consistently replicated log. RAFT is proven to be safe
and is designed to be simpler to understand.

[VOTE] Thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f8a155337628018ee2ad1718c736c47d5dd3f2c2d4e7b1486ea9988b@%3Cdev.ratis.apache.org%3E

[RESULT][VOTE] Thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/eb0df0548299ae98e68c0067e43d9747a67e92a459cedbe55b56425d@%3Cdev.ratis.apache.org%3E

The git tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ratis.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/ratis-0.1.0-alpha

The git commit hash:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ratis.git;a=commit;h=52c4b6412df7daba82445db289f7b41e2216b4a6

The source tarball with signatures and hashes can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ratis/0.1.0-alpha/rc0/

The fingerprint of key to sign release artifacts:
2C33 A9CB 66AE AD59 3183  B01B 7843 4EF4 60D6 914B

Release artifacts are signed with one of the keys available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ratis/KEYS

This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Obviously, I am +1 (non-binding).

Regards,
Tsz-Wo

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ratis incubating Release 0.1.0-alpha rc0

Posted by Hugo Louro <hm...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tsz Sze <sz...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for reviewing the RC and providing many useful comments.

I just have uploaded our KEY file to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/ratis/KEYS

For the other issues, definitely will fix them in a later release.

Tsz-Wo

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)