Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Watts <em...@chriswatts.id.au> on 2005/11/18 03:49:10 UTC

Deploying WAR to a context path

Hi,

I know there are several different ways to do what I want but I would like
to be able to do it this way so there are fewer errors at 1AM.

Is there a way to make the HTML interface of the Tomcat 5.5 manager
(/manager/html) deploy a war file to a specific context path?
I have tried playing around with context.xml but Tomcat seems to only care
about the directory the war (and the war file's name) is deployed to.

I know if you use the "Deploy directory or WAR file located on server"
section instead of the "WAR file to deploy" section you can manually do it.
The code supports what I want to do: that is upload a war and tell it which
context path, but it just seems like the web interface doesn't support it.

Is there some simple way to force it to deploy to a context path that is
different to the war file name? (other than what i mentioned above)

Thanks,
Chris