Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jérémie Guichard <dj...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/07 12:59:52 UTC

Problem: "svn: REPORT request failed on..."

Hi all,

I'm getting into some troubles using svn client on windows XP.
I randomly get:
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/pda/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svn/pda/!svn/vcc/default': Compressed response was
truncated (https://svn.xxx.xx)

while doing checkout or update on a quite big branch (lot of files and much
data (hundreds of MB))

I've looked on previous question about this issue but I still haven't found
a good answer for my problem...

I don't know if this is server config issue / client config issue or just a
bug.... (I'm curently using svn, version 1.4.5 (r25188))

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jeremie

Re: Problem: "svn: REPORT request failed on..."

Posted by Jérémie Guichard <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

So discussing with my Admin we've decided to update Apache on our server...
and it worked...

For info we are now using:
    apache 2.2.3-4 + etch3 + libapache2-svn 1.4.2 + dfsg1-2

Thanks for your help.
Jeremie

Posted by jens wille <je...@uni-koeln.de>.
Hi Jeremie!

Posted by Jens Wille <je...@uni-koeln.de>.
Jérémie Guichard [2008-01-07 16:48]:
> But it seems to be two different builds for client side as well
You're right, there are different builds for Windows, but I suppose
this is because the package contains the server modules for Apache
as well (mod_dav_svn.so and mod_authz_svn.so). And those certainly
depend on the Apache lib ;-)

> I'll discuss the issue with my network Admin, to investigate any
> "Hardware"/"Server config" issues...and keep you/the mailing
> informed if I finally solve the PB...
Thanks. And good luck!

cheers
jens

Posted by Jérémie Guichard <dj...@gmail.com>.
you seems to be right about these different versions, it's matter of
mod_dav_svn server side configuration. But it seems to be two different
builds for client side as well (maybe they are just the sames ;-) )
See:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=41094&showInfo=true
and
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=41077&showInfo=true

I'll discuss the issue with my network Admin, to investigate any
"Hardware"/"Server config" issues...and keep you/the mailing informed if I
finally solve the PB...
THX
Jeremie

Posted by Jens Wille <je...@uni-koeln.de>.

Posted by Jérémie Guichard <dj...@gmail.com>.
Just guessing, could the problem come from using a client built against
Apache n.n while Apache version is an other one?

Regards,
Jeremie

Posted by Jens Wille <je...@uni-koeln.de>.
Hi Jeremie!