Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sizemore Berry-E50314 <be...@motorola.com> on 2005/12/15 23:16:27 UTC

ant return status

I'm charged with learning more about ant return status variables.  I have no clue where to start.  Links to documentation that will help me understand it would be most welcome.  Pointing to specific sections of documentation would be helpful.  To clarify my interest:  I am interested in capturing whether or not ant has successfully completed execution or if there was a failure.

Thanks,

Berry Sizemore

Deployment Engineer II

direct +1.206.664.9655

mobile +1.206.257.9095

Motorola

Seattle, WA

 <blocked::http://www.motorola.com/> www.motorola.com

RE: ant return status

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@dpml.net>.

The ant commandline script under windows (NT/XP/etc.) returns either 0 or 1.
A zero value indicates that the build was successful.  A value of 1
indicates an error. Under Windows you can use the ERRORLEVEL variable to
test the result of invoking ant.  For example:

  CALL :execute-my-ant-build
  IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO :exit

  :execute-my-ant-build
  PUSHD my-dir\my-subdir
  CALL ant %*
  POPD
  GOTO :EOF

  :exit
  IF ERRORLEVEL 1 ECHO WOOPS, SOMETHING FAILED
  GOTO :EOF

Cheers, Steve.