Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by amirou <am...@yahoo.fr> on 2013/01/18 22:24:03 UTC

semantic indexing using ontology

HI everybody,

I want to develop a java system which indexes a set of documents represented
by an ontology. Is this could be done with lucene.

I yes what are the plugins which I have to use.
Thank you very much.

Amir.

Re: semantic indexing using ontology

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 19 January 2013 02:54, amirou <am...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> HI everybody,
>
> I want to develop a java system which indexes a set of documents represented
> by an ontology. Is this could be done with lucene.
>
> I yes what are the plugins which I have to use.
> Thank you very much.

Have you tried searching Google for "Solr RDF",
which turns up several possibilities, e.g.,
http://siren.sindice.com/ ?

Depending on your needs, you could also use one of
the several open-source RDF data stores, or even
a graph database like Neo4J.

Regards,
Gora

Re: semantic indexing using ontology

Posted by Eustache Felenc <eu...@idilia.com>.
On 01/18/2013 04:24 PM, amirou wrote:
> HI everybody,
>
> I want to develop a java system which indexes a set of documents represented
> by an ontology. Is this could be done with lucene.
>
> I yes what are the plugins which I have to use.
> Thank you very much.
>

> Amir.

About semantic indexing, we have an API that "disambiguates"
documents--it determines part of speech, compounds, senses, dependencies
between words, named entities--and returns xml/json info that looks like
the following for example if you disambiguate [semantic indexing] :

|  <docs len="2"  num="1">
       <doc len="2">
         <sensesInfo>
           <sense csk="semantic/C2"  fs="semantic/J1"  fsk="semantic/J1">
             <desc>of or relating to the study of meaning and changes of meaning.</desc>
             <extRef>
               <dm>wikipedia</dm>
               <ref>29107</ref>
             </extRef>
             <extRef>
               <dm>wikipedia</dm>
               <ref>397608</ref>
             </extRef>
           </sense>
           <sense csk="index/C1"  fs="indexing/N1"  fsk="indexing/N1">
             <desc>the act of classifying and providing an index in order to make items easier to retrieve.</desc>
           </sense>
         </sensesInfo>
[...]

You can then retrieve properties, categories of the disambiguated
senses, climb up or down those hierarchies, and have a real semantic
index. Disambiguated senses also have information connecting to
wikipedia article ids. You could also map those to any existing ontology.

You can check it out on www.idilia.com

Eustache