Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Wei Cheng <wc...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/02 00:25:18 UTC

RE: question

Yeah, I get a clearer picture now. thanks> To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:19:55 -0500> Subject: RE: question > From: neal.granroth@thermofisher.com> > You might want to re-examine your assumptions about Lucene.> > One can view the index constructed by Lucene as being itself a database; and therefore it would be possible (though probably not desireable) to construct an ODBC adapter and access the content of a Lucene index as if it were a typical relational database using SQL via Microsoft ADO.> > Another thought to consider is that Lucene gets a large part of its search speed by the specific data structures it uses. Revising Lucene to access a traditional database directly, to use the database tables as its "index", would most likely reduce search performance below the level where searching the data via Lucene provides any practical benefit.> > I think it best to view Lucene as an attachment that you use in addition to (or in parallel with) your database.> > Hope this helps.> > -- Neal> > > -----Original Message-----> From: Maha Khairy [mailto:black_opal_87@yahoo.com]> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:55 PM> To: lucene dotNet> Subject: question> > Hello> I wanted to build a search engine using the net-lucene, the problem is I find it a little ambiguous to understand , I know it doesn't do crawling and I understood it only do the indexing and the searching, but it doesn't interact with any database, I assume it use data structures instead of tables in database,> Anyway, now I need to know if I understood right, and how to make it interact with database (if my assumption was true, what are the classes that I need to modify to do that)> And if the lucene have any flowcharts, activity diagrams or any diagrams that show the flow of data how do I get them.> > Another question> If I wanted to support a certain language what are the classes that I'll need to implement> Thanks in advance>

RE: question

Posted by Maha Khairy <bl...@yahoo.com>.
thanks to every one replied on my question
you've been really helpful

Mahy Khairy

fourth year
CS Department