Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Colin Saxton <cc...@exel.co.uk> on 2001/12/10 10:37:35 UTC

DOM or SAX??

I have had a quick look at the open-source code and have found that it relys
mainly on the DOM for the SOAP request and SOAP response...

Is there any plans to write an all singing SAX version of the libraries?

DOM works fine for small SOAP messages but once you get above 50k you will
start to see it slowdown...(especially if one of your passes strings
contains XML?!).

they are addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exel
Computer Systems plc. If you have received this email in error
please notify Customer Services on 0115 946 0101.

Re: DOM or SAX??

Posted by Paramdeep Singh <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Apache AXIS implementation is using SAX APIs.

It is also an open source implementation. You can have a look at it on:

http://xml.apache.org/axis/

With Warm Regards,
Paramdeep

Re: DOM or SAX??