Posted to dev@mnemonic.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2016/03/11 18:26:31 UTC

Mnemonic JIRA is now live

The jira is now active. Please contact Yanping about getting role permissions.

Role permissions are needed in order to manage the jiras for the
project. e.g. who can be assigned jiras (e.g. contributor role) or who
can move jiras through the workflow (e.g. committer role), etc...

Note that when you request a role you need to specify your _JIRA_
username, which might not be the same as your apache id.

I currently listed Yanping as an Admin, if there are other that would
like admin privs Yanping can address that as well.

Patrick

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Gangumalla, Uma" <um...@intel.com>.
Yup, Agreed :-)
Since Spark guys specially requested for their case, standard work flow
might work for us. If not we can file Infra ticket once we ready, Thanks
Henry.

Regards,
Uma

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Gangumalla, Uma" <um...@intel.com>.
Hi Yanping,

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by Henry Saputra <hs...@apache.org>.

RE: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Nice to see the good progress, thanks all.

As a new project, the jira rule may be the looser the better, because we may want to avoid too much overhead in the early phase. For example, any contributor can create issue and then assign it. Not sure if this is doable in a jira system.

Regards,
Kai

>Note that when you request a role you need to specify your _JIRA_
username, which might not be the same as your apache id.

Ha right. Yanping can grant contributor/committer or admin rights respectively on request. Default we can add all of this list names to Committers group I think. We can send JIRA user names to Yanping to add that.

Regards,
Uma

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by Uma gangumalla <um...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot, Patrick.

RE: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Wang, Yanping" <ya...@intel.com>.
The mailing system does not like attachment.
we have logo, and need to build http://mnemonic.incubator.apache.org/

From: Henry Saputra <hs...@apache.org>>
Date: Friday, March 11, 2016 at 9:31 AM
To: Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>>
Cc: "Wang, Gang1" <ga...@intel.com>>, "Wang, Yanping" <ya...@intel.com>>, "umamahesh@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>" <um...@apache.org>>, "drankye@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>" <dr...@apache.org>>, "rakeshr@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>" <ra...@apache.org>>, "seanzhong@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>" <se...@apache.org>>, "Cheng, Hao" <ha...@intel.com>>, Debo~ Dutta <de...@cisco.com>>, "Chenliang (Liang, DataSight)" <ch...@huawei.com>>, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>>, James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>>, "dev@mnemonic.incubator.apache.org<ma...@mnemonic.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@mnemonic.incubator.apache.org>>

Thanks so much for driving the bootstrapping of the project, Patrick.

Let's move the discussions to dev@ list.

Please subscribe to the newly minted lists by send email to :

private-subscribe@mnemonic.inc<ma...@mnemonic.inc>ubator.apache.org<http://ubator.apache.org>
dev-subscribe@mnemonic.inc<ma...@mnemonic.inc>ubator.apache.org<http://ubator.apache.org>
commits-subscribe@mnemonic.inc<ma...@mnemonic.inc>ubator.apache.org<http://ubator.apache.org>

and follow the instruction listed in the response email.

RE: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
The logo looks cool. A suggestion, maybe: "Mnemonic" => 'M". Thanks.

Regards,
Kai

RE: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Wang, Yanping" <ya...@intel.com>.

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Debo Dutta (dedutta)" <de...@cisco.com>.

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by Henry Saputra <hs...@apache.org>.
Yes, good call =)

- Henry

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

RE: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Wang, Yanping" <ya...@intel.com>.
After today, we move all discussions to mailing lists. Who else still did not subscribe mailing lists, please do so.

Re: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by Henry Saputra <hs...@apache.org>.

RE: Mnemonic JIRA is now live

Posted by "Wang, Yanping" <ya...@intel.com>.
Thanks James for fixing page formatting issue while helping us adding Jira site in,  I was wondering what “<td>.</td>” can do about it. LoL

It is great idea to work on integrating Mnemonic to Phoenix this summer. As Gary commented, Mnemonic is designed to solve these kind of memory allocation issues. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2405

We know Sort and Search are difficult operations if not knowing underlying resources. Mnemonic is really a middle layer over looking both application needs and underlying available resources.

Gary and I was brainstorming about, in Mnemonic, we can try to move sorting operation from software into hardware using FPGA co-chip. Of course that will be a 2017 plan. Well, if we can make it happen, your ORDER BY can be returned really fast…..

Thanks,
Yanping Wang
Apache Mnemonic (incubating)
Intel/SSG/STO/Big Data Technologies