Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Krzysztof Zarzycki <k....@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 18:32:40 UTC

cassandra [2.1.0-rc4] does not filter data out when using WHERE clause on cluster column

Hi everyone,
I have a weird, invalid situation with my cluster. I have a table on which
I'm running some SELECTs with WHERE clause filtering on cluster columns,
but the rows are not getting filtered out.
Look:
 select * from page_view where website_id = xxx and user_id = 'some_user'
and page_id =0; -- tried also page_id<0 >0

 website_id | user_id   | page_id  | ...
------------+-----------+----------+----
        xxx | some_user | 21044533 | ...
...more rows here, none with page_id=0

The filtering on other (partition) columns runs fine. Only the clustering
column is somewhat malfunctioning.

Important is, how I got to this table:
1. I collected data with Cassandra version 2.0.8
2. I snapshotted the data, and removed the main copy from cluster's data.
3. I upgraded cluster to version 2.1.0-rc4
4. I've recreated the schema of tables in new version.
5. I ran sstableloader on the data to load data to new upgraded cluster.
6. I spotted the problem with filtering.
7. I've tried to run nodetool repair, nodetool upgradesstables -a , neither
helped.

Do you have any ideas how to curate my data?
It might be cumbersome, but possible to just copy data out (to e.g. json)
and back in. But anyway, I believe it might be a bug in 2.1.0-rc4. Do you
have at least ideas on how to investigate what the problem is?

Thank you for any help,
-- Krzysztof Zarzycki

Re: cassandra [2.1.0-rc4] does not filter data out when using WHERE clause on cluster column

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Krzysztof Zarzycki <k....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I have a weird, invalid situation with my cluster. I have a table on which
> I'm running some SELECTs with WHERE clause filtering on cluster columns,
> but the rows are not getting filtered out.
>

> It might be cumbersome, but possible to just copy data out (to e.g. json)
> and back in. But anyway, I believe it might be a bug in 2.1.0-rc4. Do you
> have at least ideas on how to investigate what the problem is?

Reports of issues in pre-release versions of Cassandra are probably best
suited for the Apache JIRA, where relevant people can assist you with
investigation.

If you regularly run pre-release versions, cassandra-dev is probably the
list for you! :D

=Rob