Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2014/12/03 00:24:05 UTC

[VFS-180] merging? (was: [VFS] Release Preparations 2.1 (again))

Am Wed, 03 Dec 2014 01:55:40 +0300
schrieb Alex <al...@zoho.com>:

> Is there a chance to get VFS-180 in 2.1?

Yes, of course. Looking through the patches I don't think it is
particular complicated (but also I see some things I would do
differently from 2012/04/24 14:04.)

Instead of
`name.getScheme().equals("webdav") ? "http" : "https"` I would more
factor in the provider type. Maybe forcefully use http or https based
on the provider only (or allow a auto detection somehow?).

The main thing open is I guess, it should really set up a WebDavS test
server and run built-in provider tests automatically.

Please review, is this actually doing certificate checking and
especially host name checking?

And I am not sure if 2 filename parsers are needed. Can we just use the
base Http(s)NameParsers?

Generally speaking: I guess there are many things wanting to be merged
and I would rather have soon a 2.2 (once we know how to do it) than
spending more time on the bugs.

Gruss
Bernd