Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sebastien X <cv...@noos.fr> on 2003/09/09 16:38:28 UTC

query separate by point

Hi all,

I use StandardAnalyzer to index and to search.

If I make a query like "comp.lang.javascript", it return no hit but if I make this query "comp.lang.javascript*", it return the goods hits I want to have.

Anybody know how I could return the hits without having the * ?

Maybe changing the analyser?

Thanks in advance

Sébastien

Re: query separate by point

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, change your Analyzer and use one of the other ones that does not
use a Tokenizer that splits input on non-character characters.
Or you can write your own Analyzer (example in the jGuru FAQ).

Otis

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com