Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2005/05/04 06:19:42 UTC

ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Hi folks:

After *much* too long, the Axis team would like to announce the release
of Axis 1.2 final.  You can get it at:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis/1_2/  (if your favorite
mirror doesn't have it yet try another, it's propagating now)

A few words about this release -

* A LOT of things have been cleaned up/fixed since 1.1, but 1.2 is not
yet a perfect beast.  We know there are still issues that, although they
didn't block this release, are important to our user base.  We will be
working to resolve these in the near term, which brings us to...

* This took way too much time.  We will (for the remainder of Axis 1.X's
lifetime and hopefully all of Axis 2.0's...) be focusing much more
aggressively on the "release early and often" mantra.  Expect to see
more fixes and more official releases near term.

* Thanks to EVERYONE who submitted bug reports, patches, and
(especially) good, concise test cases.  Without your help we wouldn't
have been able to make half the progress we did.

* As always, please send questions/comments to axis-user@ws.apache.org,
and development-related issues to axis-dev@ws.apache.org.  Issues may be
checked and filed at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS

Onwards to 1.Next...

Thanks,
--Glen
   on behalf of the Axis team

Re: lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
we get bug reports, either way. if we do this people say do that, and
we do that people say do this.... :(

-- dims

Re: lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Posted by Mike Moran <mi...@mac.com>.
I.Venuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that some libs in the new axis webapp contains the release number
> (i.e common-discovery-0.2.jar) while in the RC3 only log4j contains it.
> Obviusly this isn't a problem, but I need to retouch all my build files in
> order to change the classpaths and this will be done at any new release of
> the jars.
>
> I think that the older convention is more easy to mantain.

I think I prefer the new way. However, I think there needs to be more
documentation about where the libraries come from. This is useful if you
want to get the non-axis jars from the original project (e.g. I may use
commons-discovery in more than one app and want to include it
separately). The Spring -with-dependencies distribution is a good
example of the format I am thinking of.

--
Mike

lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Posted by Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>.
Done. Thank you for the info. Please check the site
after a while.

Thanks,
Toshi

Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Posted by Christian faucher <cb...@gmail.com>.

Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Posted by Fernando Nasser <fn...@redhat.com>.
Congratulations to the AXIS folks!

And thank, many thanks to all that made that possible.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300