Posted to user@ant.apache.org by EetieD <kh...@leanapps.com> on 2009/09/30 11:03:22 UTC

not to display message 'deleting...'

Is there a way not to display the message 'deleting a file...' when Apache
ANT is actually deleting a file?

When I do this: <delete file="d:\pro.txt" verbose="false" quiet="true" />
I see the message: [delete] Deleting: d:\pro.txt...

For the product flow, it shouldn't display this message because of the
clarity.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Re: not to display message 'deleting...'

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
Ant normally displays each task it is executing, so the delete task will say
[delete]. Have you tried running Ant with the -quiet switch? That should
remove all the standard messages except for warnings.

You can also look at the various loggers. For example, there's a log4j
listener  that will allow you to define each and every type of task and
whether or not to report it. See:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/listeners.html for more information.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:03 AM, EetieD <kh...@leanapps.com> wrote:

> Is there a way not to display the message 'deleting a file...' when Apache
> ANT is actually deleting a file?
>
> When I do this: <delete file="d:\pro.txt" verbose="false" quiet="true" />
> I see the message: [delete] Deleting: d:\pro.txt...
>
> For the product flow, it shouldn't display this message because of the
> clarity.
>
> I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com