Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2002/05/08 00:56:02 UTC

proposal for permissions on mutexes

Would something like this even make sense for non-Unix platforms?

apr_proc_mutex_chown(apr_uid_t owner, apr_gid_t group);
apr_proc_mutex_chmod(apr_mode_t mode);

(where apr_mode_t is the same thing as apr_fileperms_t but not
specifically for files, and takes the bitwise-OR of the
APR_UREAD-like symbols)

The same two functions would be useful for these types:

apr_proc_mutex_t
apr_global_mutex_t
apr_shm_t

-aaron

RE: proposal for permissions on mutexes

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
The apr_fileperms_t stuff is completely bogus for non-Unix platforms.
They were a shortcut, because abstracting that stuff out is really hard
to do.  I tried a few years ago, and ended up giving up.  We really need
to make a concerted effort to abstract out the permissions stuff, before
creating those functions.

Ryan