Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Haxby <jc...@scalix.com> on 2005/01/26 12:42:52 UTC

Lucene in Action hits desk in UK

My copy of Lucene in Action has finally hit my desk in the UK.
Hopefully the dispatch time quoted by amazon.co.uk will now start to
drop to something more sensible.

It's been interesting watching the price changes.  When I ordered my
copy back in November, I paid £19.38 for it.  At around the time of
publication, the price went up to £35.99, the list price.   It's
currently priced at £25.19, 30% off list price.

jch

Re: Lucene in Action hits desk in UK

Posted by aurora <au...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:42:52 +0000, John Haxby <jc...@scalix.com> wrote:

> My copy of Lucene in Action has finally hit my desk in the UK.
> Hopefully the dispatch time quoted by amazon.co.uk will now start to
> drop to something more sensible.
>
> It's been interesting watching the price changes.  When I ordered my
> copy back in November, I paid £19.38 for it.  At around the time of
> publication, the price went up to £35.99, the list price.   It's
> currently priced at £25.19, 30% off list price.
>
> jch

I noticed the price swing at Amazon too. I find the best price at
www.bookpool.com at US$27.5. Great book by the way. Not just about using
Lucene but touches on a wide range of background and related topics as
well.

Re: Getting Into Search

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com>.
Thanks Otis. Haven't seen it in either store (at least the ones in downtown
Toronto I usually shop at).

Their website says it ships in 24 hrs. It was cheaper on Amazon.ca so I went
that route for my printed version.

Luke

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Luke,

Getting Into Search

Re: Boosting Questions

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com>.
Thanks Otis.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Luke,

Boosting Questions

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

I've asked the publisher ( http://www.manning.com ) yesterday.  I don't
know about the exact stores, but apparently they do have a distributor
in Singapore, so you should be able to find Lucene in Action there
soon.

Otis

Posted by jac jac <fo...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Just wondering:

Is Lucene-in-Action being sold anywhere in Singapore?

thanks!

Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> wrote: Gospodnetiæ sounds like Gospodnetich and Eric is Erik :)

Otis

--- John Haxby wrote:

> Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>
> >I contacted both the US and UK Amazon sites and asked them to fix my
> >last name (the last character in my name has a little slash (not an
> >accent) above it), but they never bothered to fix it nor email me
> back.
> >

> They probably don't know how to type a ć. How _do_ you pronounce
> your
> name? I've no idea what to do with that mark over the final c! At
> the
> moment it's "Lucene in Action" by Eric Hatcher and Otis
> Gospo-something-or-other :-)
>
> >Anyhow, enjoy Lucene in Action!
> >

> Already doing so!
>
> jch

 Yahoo! Mobile
- Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!

Re: Lucene in Action hits desk in UK

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Gospodneti&#263; sounds like Gospodnetich and Eric is Erik :)

Otis

Posted by John Haxby <jc...@scalix.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Publisher -> Amazon information feed seems to be a fairly manual
process, and Amazon takes a while to update book information on their
site, including prices.

I contacted both the US and UK Amazon sites and asked them to fix my
last name (the last character in my name has a little slash (not an
accent) above it), but they never bothered to fix it nor email me back.

Anyhow, enjoy Lucene in Action!

Otis Gospodneti&#263;