Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ra...@spamex.com on 2005/06/14 08:01:18 UTC

bug in rmic with jdk 1.5

Hi,

I moved a project from 1.4 to 1.5, and noticed that the <rmic>
task was compiling all the RMI classes everytime even if the
classes were just compiled.
com\abc\server\ServerConfImpl.class added as com/abc/server/ServerConfImpl_Skel.class doesn't exist.
com\abc\server\vam\VAMPlatformImpl.class added as com/abc/server/vam/VAMPlatformImpl_Skel.class doesn't exist.
RMI Compiling 40 classes to W:\70b\tmp\lib

If you review the RMI release notes for 1.5, they say:
"rmic default stub protocol version option now -v1.2
    This change means that by default, rmic does not generate any skeleton classes and generates stub classes that only implement the 1.2 stub protocol version. "
[  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/rmi/relnotes.html  ]

Since rmic doesn't generate Skel files anymore (unless you specify -vcompat),
it looks like a bug that <rmic> is checking that Skel class file exists.

Is this a known problem? I couldn't find a bug when I searched open
issues. (http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/query.cgi)

-Alex