Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Johannes Fiala <to...@fwd.at> on 2003/05/02 18:00:13 UTC

Re: TC 5.0.1: Build troubles continued

HI there,

==================================
commons-el package missing error
==================================
The commons-el package which is used in build.properties is the only one
which is not downloaded from a server, thus missing locally if one doesn't
have it already.

I added a link to the lastest cvs version now, but this is missing some of
the functions needed to correctly implement the interface the parent
ExpressionEvaluator extends.

Has anybody got a link to a working commons-el package (with correct
ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java)?

===================================
tags directory missing
===================================
At jakarta-tomcat-5\build\webapps\jsp-examples\WEB-INF\src
the compiler is complaining the \tags subdirectory is missing.
Copying the tags directory from
jakarta-tomcat-5\build\webapps\jsp-examples\WEB-INF\tags to
jakarta-tomcat-5\build\webapps\jsp-examples\WEB-INF\src\tags fixes the
issue, but I'm not sure whether this is correct :).

thx
Johannes

Re: TC 5.0.1: Build troubles continued

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Johannes Fiala wrote:
> HI there,
>
> ==================================
> commons-el package missing error
> ==================================
> The commons-el package which is used in build.properties is the only one
> which is not downloaded from a server, thus missing locally if one doesn't
> have it already.
>
> I added a link to the lastest cvs version now, but this is missing some of
> the functions needed to correctly implement the interface the parent
> ExpressionEvaluator extends.
>
> Has anybody got a link to a working commons-el package (with correct
> ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java)?
>
> ===================================
> tags directory missing
> ===================================
> At jakarta-tomcat-5\build\webapps\jsp-examples\WEB-INF\src
> the compiler is complaining the \tags subdirectory is missing.
> Copying the tags directory from
> jakarta-tomcat-5\build\webapps\jsp-examples\WEB-INF\tags to
> jakarta-tomcat-5\build\webapps\jsp-examples\WEB-INF\src\tags fixes the
> issue, but I'm not sure whether this is correct :).

Given its state, you should not work on a milestone. If you want to be a
TC developer, you should work on the CVS source.
There are even *easy* instructions for that on the website
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/building.html) which I wrote, but
apparently you didn't read them.

Remy