Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/06/04 14:52:57 UTC

Found the problem in the maven-extension :-D YAAAAAAAY!!!

Ok ... now today I had another look at the problems I was having with the maven extension.

While it worked great being manually installed in Maven lib/ext dir ... I totally didn't like this option.

Maven 3.3.1 came with another option, to specify a ".mvn/extensions.xml" in the maven projects root dir and to use the extensions placed there.

The cool thing with this option, is that the extensions are also automatically downloaded.

So now all you need to do, is to add the following extensions.xml in a ".mvn" directory in your projects root and the mavenizer should kick in :)

<extensions xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/EXTENSIONS/1.0.0"
            xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/EXTENSIONS/1.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/core-extensions-1.0.0.xsd">
    <extension>
        <groupId>org.apache.flex.utilities.converter</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-extension</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </extension>
</extensions>

So I think ... if Alex eventually agrees to my "system-id-to-accept-adobe-license" we'd be ready to go for a release. As this was the last Issue I had on my radar :-)

Chris

Re: AW: Found the problem in the maven-extension :-D YAAAAAAAY!!!

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Hey Chris,

Thanks for all the work you're doing in updating the FMs stuff and for
creating new documentation.  This new set of documentation is the clearest
FM documentation I've seen!  While working through it today I noticed a
couple things:

The "Prepare the FDK resources using the flex-maven-extension" section has
the filename as "extension.xml" but it should be "extensions.xml".

Also, I know some repo restructuring just happened, but the directories to
the mavenizer need to be updated as well.

Anyway, hope this helps.

AW: Found the problem in the maven-extension :-D YAAAAAAAY!!!

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
So I updated the documentation on https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Preparing+FDKs+for+Maven+builds
with this new option :-)

Chris