Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sachin Chowdhary <cs...@pisoftek.com> on 2003/05/27 08:26:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Upgrade To 2.0.45(New Bie)

Well i am working on a project in which i have to use Apache 2.0.45 as web
server on Linux PlateForm.

I am working on RedHat Linux 8.0 which had default web server 2.0.40 Now My
problem is to upgarde

it to 2.0.45 .Well i have tried it using     ./Configure;make INSTALL

but it is not working.

I have download some RPMs from redhat

http://redhat.ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr/./contrib-libc6/i386/httpd-2.0.43-1.i386
.html

but that does not work.it has corrupt Originsl Configuration.

i have tried it many times but not able ot Upgrde it

Well i have read about prefix with ./configure but there is so many
locations in Linux  for webserver that need full detail

But i don't think it is such a big task

	So can you suggest me So that I can Upgrade My Apache Httpd Server on Linux

Thanks

Sachin

RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade To 2.0.45(New Bie)

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
> From: Sachin Chowdhary [mailto:csachin@pisoftek.com]
> I have tried rpm -Uvh apache-......rpm on rpm from this site
>
>  http://redhat.ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr/./contrib-libc6/i386/httpd-2.0.43-1
>
> but after installing it is saying that signature is expected somthing...
and
> it has got (Diff....)
>
> when we start Apache WeB Server
>
> I am wondoring why Apache is not distributing it with rpms as it is quite
> Popular Among Users and easiest way.
>
> Can You suggest any site on which i got rpm of Apache2.0.45 or
Apache2.0.43
> as Connector to tomcat are available only for these version on Apache
> website not for 2.0.40 comes with RedHat8.0.

Not really, but I can suggest to search for the Apahce RPMs and its
dependencies in http://www.rpmfind.net
That's where I take all my RPMs from and all is working perfect.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Jeff@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade To 2.0.45(New Bie)

try that and let know. that should UPGRADE the current version that you
have. you might need to update also some dependencies, but that's the
safest way of doing that.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen

Posted by WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>.
On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 02:26  AM, Sachin Chowdhary wrote:

> problem is to upgarde
>
> it to 2.0.45

Get the source tarball

Look at the with layout option (see the LAYOUT file)

That should point you in the right direction.
-Sx-