Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Олександр Силка <sy...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/08 21:52:25 UTC

Problem with UUID

Hi everyone,

I have column family called site sorted
by org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.TimeUUIDType.
When I try to save some data using hector i get next
message InvalidRequestException(why:TimeUUID should be 16 or 0 bytes (3)).
My Cassandra version 0.7.0

This is snippets of my code:

public static java.util.UUID getTimeUUID() {
return java.util.UUID.fromString(new com.eaio.uuid.UUID().toString());
}

UUID timeUUID = getTimeUUID().randomUUID();
List<HColumn<String, String>> columns = DaoHelper.getStringCols(site);

 Mutator<UUID> mutator = HFactory.createMutator(keyspace,
UUIDSerializer.get());
 for (HColumn<?, ?> column : columns) {
          mutator.addInsertion(timeUUID, columnFamilyName, column);
 }

I am new in Cassandra and i really want to understand how it works.So please
help me.

Re: Problem with UUID

Posted by Олександр Силка <sy...@gmail.com>.
I try to use method getUniqueTimeUUIDinMillis from
https://github.com/rantav/hector/blob/master/core/src/main/java/me/prettyprint/cassandra/utils/TimeUUIDUtils.java
but i still get same result "InvalidRequestException(why:TimeUUID should be
16 or 0 bytes (3))";

9 квітня 2011 р. 01:32 Олександр Силка <sy...@gmail.com> написав:

Re: Problem with UUID

Posted by Олександр Силка <sy...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Ed. I understand where was my problem. I thought that
compareWith applied for a rows not for columns.

9 квітня 2011 р. 01:46 Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com> написав:

Re: Problem with UUID

Posted by Олександр Силка <sy...@gmail.com>.
Is that mean with this configuration i must use for column value only UUID ?
I realy don't understand how it work.

I little change my code:

UUID timeUUID =  DaoHelper.getTimeUUID();
HColumn<String, String> column = HFactory.createColumn("name", "Alex",
StringSerializer.get(), StringSerializer.get());
Mutator<UUID> mutator = HFactory.createMutator(keyspace,
UUIDSerializer.get());
mutator.addInsertion(timeUUID, columnFamilyName, column);
mutator.execute();

Re: Problem with UUID

Posted by Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com>.

Re: Problem with UUID