Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2003/07/22 17:39:14 UTC

Re: Upcoming Release 0.26 - Proposed Changes

Paul Lussier <pl...@lanminds.com> writes:
> >Not clear that this is for cvs2svn.
>
> Hmmm, didn't notice that.  Now I wonder if I shouldn't leave this out
> entirely, since CHANGES is for svn, not cvs2svn.

I'd leave it out.  I'll make a noise when there's news about cvs2svn.

Re: Upcoming Release 0.26 - Proposed Changes

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net> writes:

> I think we've established the precedent "don't mention cvs2svn until
> Karl puts it in trunk."  Until then, those interested can use "svn
> log" themselves to learn this stuff.
>
> Are the disputed changes in trunk?

Karl's been changing cvs2svn in /trunk for a long time now, fixing
bugs daily.  There's no more branch work.

Re: Upcoming Release 0.26 - Proposed Changes

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net> writes:
> Oddly enough, this is pretty much how this discussion went during the
> last release.  And the one before.
>
> I think we've established the precedent "don't mention cvs2svn until
> Karl puts it in trunk."  Until then, those interested can use "svn
> log" themselves to learn this stuff.
>
> Are the disputed changes in trunk?

All cvs2svn development has been on trunk for some time now, yes.

Re: Upcoming Release 0.26 - Proposed Changes

Posted by Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net>.

--
-==-
Jack Repenning

pll@lanminds.com writes:
> I'm so confused :)  Should this go to a vote or something?  I don't
> mind taking a little direction, but when the 2 people from whom I
> take the most direction contradict each other...

No, just use your judgement :-).  If you think there's something
newsworthy w.r.t. cvs2svn, list it.

Re: Upcoming Release 0.26 - Proposed Changes

Posted by pl...@lanminds.com.
  Paul> I wonder if I shouldn't leave this out

  Ben> disagree. cvs2svn ships with the tarball, and many, many people
  Ben> care about it.  Thongs of people are peering in the windows,
  Ben> waiting for kfogel to fix bugs in this tool.  IMO, it's just
  Ben> as important as changes to svnadmin, svnlook, or any other
  Ben> "shipped" tool.

  kfogel> I'd leave it out.  I'll make a noise when there's news about cvs2svn.

I'm so confused :)  Should this go to a vote or something?  I don't
mind taking a little direction, but when the 2 people from whom I
take the most direction contradict each other...

--

Seeya,
Paul