Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com> on 2012/08/23 21:06:01 UTC

Re: GSoC @ ACEU

On Aug 23, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> I suggest an evening social (meal then drinks) rather than formal session. I'm happy to attend (pending clashes), but not offering to organise.  The invite should be to mentors, students and potential students of future GSoC.
>
> From a mobile device - forgive errors and terseness
>
> On Aug 23, 2012 6:15 PM, "Lewis John Mcgibbney" <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I think having a slot of sorts allocated to this years GSoC (I'm
> thinking more a breakout session, evening event, or somthing) would be
> a really valuable way to spend some time... for those that
> participated and of course to try and encourage guys & gals to get
> interested for next year...
>
> Any thoughts?
> Lewis
>
> --
> Lewis

Sounds like it might make a BoF of sorts. We will probably have to be creative about BoFs, in ways such as Ross is proposing (off-site, meal, etc.). There's a wiki page on the Sinsheim area which (in my copious spare time) I will be transcribing some of into the new accommodation page and some into either the venue page or something else more appropriate.

  http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim

There isn't much information in there yet on restaurants and the like, so additions from anyone are welcome.

Any planner who wants to learn Symposion is welcome to apply for administrator privs, and I will do my best to make sense of it for you. Editing the content is mostly fairly straightforward.

regards
 Steve