Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Bob Schulze <b....@ecircle.com> on 2009/01/16 13:27:41 UTC

2.8.1 + Referring Pages Plugin + JDBC Provider not working

I cant get this Plugin to work on 2.8.1

I see some code in ReferenceManager.initialize() that prevents it to collect
references - somebody came across this already? It seems to work with the
file system provider...

Bob

Re: 2.8.1 + Referring Pages Plugin + JDBC Provider not working

Posted by Mikkel Troest <mi...@mikkle.dk>.
Hi,

JDBCProvider has only been tested with JSPWiki versions up to (and
including) 2.5.X.

I think the internals of JSPWiki related to the provider mechanism has
changed slightly since then. Unfortunately the JDBCProvider team has
been dormant since the JDBCProvider 2007-03-05 release, so any changes
to the belly of the beast are still not reflected in the JDBCProvider.

Funny stuff, really - I actually checked out the JSPWiki 2.8.1 code AND
the JDBCProvider code yesterday, because I thought I'd have a look at
the compatibility with newer JSPWiki versions...
I'll have a look at it over the weekend and post a time frame for
bringing the provider up to speed. I'll post this at the JDBCProvider
forums: http://developer.berlios.de/forum/?group_id=6099

:O) Mikkel Troest (on behalf of the JDBCProvider dev. team)

Posted by Bob Schulze <b....@ecircle.com>.
Following a tip from Mikkle, everythink works fine now using the good old
version of the JDBC driver!

Make sure the file refmgr.ser is removed before you start the server, if you
have a similiar problem.