Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bostjan Skufca @ domenca.com" <bo...@domenca.com> on 2004/10/18 14:40:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 segmentation faults

Hello,

every now and then I notice in apache logs there were few segmentation faults
(on a daily basis) and all I am stuck with is PID of that process (which is
of course dead by then) and nothing about what it was doing. Is there any way
to figure out what request that apache process was serving when SIGSEGV
occured? Is there any reading about this?

I believe the request is not logged at all because (I think) every child
writes to log files himself and not through parent. (+ log files usually
provide outgoing bytes value, which is not available in such a situation - if
it was logging through parent)

Again, does anybody know how could I trace out what is causing this?

Thank you,
Bostjan

PS: I use linux and CoreDumpDirectory is set to correctly set-up directory as
someone suggested me but that does not produce code dump.

--
Best regards,

Bostjan Skufca
system administrator