Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/08/10 10:01:46 UTC

Re: RFC2616

Yulya Blyakh wrote:

> telnet www.ukrbiz.net 80
> GET / HTTP/1.0
>
> HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

> In response, I get 400 error, and it seems that APACHE doesn't know how to
> process my inquiry.

Apache is giving you the correct response to this request.

> GET / HTTP/1.0
> Host: www.ukrbiz.net

I am not entirely sure what your question is though.

GET / HTTP/1.0 on it's own violates RFC2616, and the 400 Bad Request you
are getting is the correct response.

GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: www.ukrbiz.net

is the correct way to do it - a missing Host header will cause an error.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: RFC2616

Posted by Jerry Baker <je...@weirdness.com>.
Graham Leggett wrote:

> GET / HTTP/1.0 on it's own violates RFC2616, and the 400 Bad Request you
> are getting is the correct response.
>
> GET / HTTP/1.0
> Host: www.ukrbiz.net
>
> is the correct way to do it - a missing Host header will cause an error.
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> minfrin@sharp.fm                "There's a moon
>                                         over Bourbon Street
>                                                 tonight..."

No it shouldn't. HTTP 1.0 does not require host headers. Host headers
are only required to correctly identify name-based virtual hosts anyway.

--
Jerry Baker

PGP Key: http://www.jerrybaker.org/pgp.html

LAME MP3 Encoder Binaries: http://www.jerrybaker.org/lame/