Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Phill O'Flynn <ph...@musetech.com.au> on 2006/07/18 01:57:51 UTC

symbolic links usage

  I have a web app that needs to access
directories outside of the context using symlinks. However these files are not
visible to the servlet. I have looked at all the FAQ's and made the recommended
changes but it still doen't work. I am using Tomcat 5.0.XX

i have a
context.xml file setup in the webapps META-INF directory as recommended for tomcat 5
on the web site. This is my context.xml

<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/drawings"
docBase="drawings" debug="0" />
<Resources
className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
allowLinking="true" />
 </Context>

this is the
error I get

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /dwgList.jsp(12,0) File
"/downloads/info.jsp" not found

("downloads" is a
symbolic link and is a sub directory of the project directory)

and this
is the calling code

<%@include file='/downloads/info.jsp'%>

Regards
Phill O'Flynn

Re: symbolic links usage

Posted by dirk ooms <di...@onesparrow.com>.
make allowLinking="true" an attribute of Context itself