Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Jaime Solano <jd...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/20 18:01:31 UTC

Link indexes to another table

Hi guys,

As part of a swapping strategy we're testing, we want to know if it's
possible to link the indexes from one table to another one (clone of the
first). We've tried a few things on the SYSTEM.CATLOG with no luck. The
real question would be....is this even possible? If so, how?

Thanks,
-Jaime

Re: Link indexes to another table

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
What if you only cut-over to the new table only once the new indexes have
completed building?

What's the relationship between the old indexes and the new table?
Presumably the new table has new rows? Is there some partial overlap?

Posted by Jaime Solano <jd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Jaime,