Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Srinivas Chamarthi <sr...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/20 12:31:19 UTC

Compilation Errors

Hi,

I am trying to use the following code in my logger and am getting the below
error. any idea why am I getting this error ?

PropertyConfigurator::configure(new File("logger.properties"));

Error    15    error C2665: 'log4cxx::PropertyConfigurator::configure' :
none of the 2 overloads could convert all the argument types

thanks & regards,
Srinivas Chamarthi

Re: Compilation Errors

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Jan 20, 2008, at 5:31 AM, Srinivas Chamarthi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the following code in my logger and am getting
> the below error. any idea why am I getting this error ?
>
> PropertyConfigurator::configure(new File("logger.properties"));
>

> Error    15    error C2665:
> 'log4cxx::PropertyConfigurator::configure' : none of the 2 overloads
> could convert all the argument types
>

> thanks & regards,
> Srinivas Chamarthi

The two overloads are:

       static void configure(const File& configFilename);
       static void configure(helpers::Properties& properties);

and you are passing in a File*.  In addition, you'd leak memory since
nothing would reclaim the allocated memory.  Change the call to:

PropertyConfigurator::configure(File("logger.properties"));

and you'd should be fine.