Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com> on 2015/01/10 06:44:02 UTC

Android Maven Plugin 4.1.0 released

The Android Maven Plugin team is pleased to announce the release of version 4.1.0 of the plugin:

<plugin>
  <groupId>com.simpligility.maven.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>android-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>4.1.0</version>
</plugin>

New features/bug fixes for the specific release are

- Updated to Android SDK libraries 1.0.0 / 24.0.0
- Use lint from Android SDK libraries rather than command line invocation
- Making unpacked-libs folder configurable
- Added deprecation for APKLIB format
- Use the Google Play Developer API to upload APKs and update the store listing with new goal
- Improvements to project site including github ribbon and more
- Added Manifest Merger V2 and deprecated Manifest-Update mojo
- Refactor the 3 parameters used for the androidManifest.xml into 2 params
- Fixed broken undeploy mojo AndroidManifest parsing
- MultiDex improvement - generating mainDexClasses when multiDex flag set to true and mainDexList is null
- A whole bunch minor project improvements and fixes and site improvements

ATTENTION:

- updatedManifestFile & sourceManifestFile parameters have been removed.
- use androidManifestFile and destinationManifestFile

More details are in the changelog as usual https://github.com/simpligility/android-maven-plugin/blob/master/src/site/asciidoc/changelog.adoc

We would like to thank the contributors to this release for their valuable help and invite you all to help us out as well:

Specifically for this release we would like to thank the following contributors for their awesome work.

Core Committers
Benoit Billington https://github.com/Shusshu
Manfred Moser http://www.simpligility.com
Malachi de AElfweald https://github.com/malachid
Johan Lindquist https://github.com/johanlindquist
William Ferguson http://github.com/william-ferguson-au

Committers for this release

Benoit Billington https://github.com/Shusshu
William Ferguson https://github.com/william-ferguson-au
Joris de Groot https://github.com/jdegroot
Manfred Moser http://www.simpligility.com
Piotr Soróbka https://github.com/psorobka

We would also like to thank for the help we received from the Maven community members and everybody else out there for any help we received in our issue tracker and beyond.
Release build done by  Manfred Moser http://www.simpligility.com

Documentation, issue tracker and more can be found on the plugin websites at

https://github.com/simpligility/android-maven-plugin/
http://simpligility.github.io/android-maven-plugin/
http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/

Specifically look at our samples project, which are now located in the plugin codebase itself in /src/test/projects

http://simpligility.github.io/android-maven-plugin/examples.html

Please join the Maven Android Mailing List for relevant discussions:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/maven-android-developers

Enjoy and congratulations to everyone involved.

Manfred Moser
http://www.simpligility.com