Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Loiterman <mi...@ascendency.net> on 2004/09/12 08:20:14 UTC

Running spamd on different server and user profiles

If I run spamd on a different server, how are the user profiles for my local
users handled?

------------------------------
Mike Loiterman
grantADLER
Tel: 630-302-4944
Fax: 773-442-0992
Email: mike@ascendency.net
PGP Key: 0xD1B9D18E
GPG Key: 0x661D0518

Re: Running spamd on different server and user profiles

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.
On Saturday 11 September 2004 10:20 pm, Mike Loiterman wrote:
> If I run spamd on a different server, how are the user profiles for my
> local users handled?

They would not be used, unless you did a lot of fancy
configuration so that spamd could find them.
--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

RE: Running spamd on different server and user profiles

Posted by Mike Loiterman <mi...@ascendency.net>.
Darren Casey <ma...@darrencasey.co.uk> wrote:
>> If I run spamd on a different server, how are the user
> profiles for my
> local
>> users handled?
>
> We use MySQL and it means this is fairly easy
>
> Darren

Can you tell me more about your setup?  I keep getting a failed sanity check
error after the message has been scanned and sent back to the machine
running spamc.

I think its because the user ids are different.  How are you getting around
this?

Posted by Darren Casey <sa...@darrencasey.co.uk>.