Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frank Villarreal <f_...@tetco.com> on 2005/10/10 14:57:35 UTC

Login Truncation over WAP

FYI

Just like to share some of my experience(s) with J2's login process ...
Currently the 2 form fields embedded in J2's login page are named as
follows:

org.apache.jetspeed.login.username
org.apache.jetspeed.login.password

They work fine in most situations, however, when logging in through various
devices (BlackBerry over Nextel WAP in particular), the sheer length of
these variable names is causing "truncation of the field names" which
prevents login.  I experimented with shorter form field names and sure
enough the device/protocol passed them through.  I also noticed it didn't
seem like a trivial task to rename these fields.  Apparently they're
hard-coded in some random class file somewhere in the codebase.  Just
thought I'd give a "heads-up" to anyone else attempting to do something
similar.

- Frank