Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com> on 2012/10/02 00:51:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations

The nominations are in and we have three open nominees (with two
nominees declining, so far).
I'll hold the discussions open for 72 hours (more if necessary).  It
would also be good to hear from the nominees, in terms of their thoughts
and interest in the position.   That's your topic - discuss...

Active Nominees:

    Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
    Drew Jensen (atjensen)
    Louis Suarez-Potts (louis)

Declining Nominees:

    Donald Harbison (dpharbison)
    Pedro Giffuni (pfg)

Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Andrew Rist wrote:
> I'll hold the discussions open for 72 hours (more if necessary). It
> would also be good to hear from the nominees

As for me, I accept the nomination. I must say it came as a surprise to
see the support of so many community members. This is very rewarding and
motivating for me to continue my involvement in this project.

I'm available for any further discussions.

As a basis for discussion, the role of chair is defined rather well in
http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair
and it mainly involves clerical tasks (such as reporting on the project
status periodically) and community facilitation (ensuring, for example,
that everyone has a chance to be heard). It is not about leadership in
its common meaning: a chair has the same privileges as any other PMC member.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
On 12-10-03, at 17:57 , Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com> wrote:

> We have heard from Andrea.  Drew and Louis, do you care to respond?

yes; was waiting for AP.
So, from me:

1. decline in favour of Andrea
2. +1 for Andrea, in anticipation of a vote on this matter.
Should there be need, want, desire, I stand (or at the moment, sit) ready to help as I can.

Ciao,

Louis

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Yong Lin Ma <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> I am still waiting for Drew's response before I vote for the Chair.

Don't wait too long, or you'll waste your vote..... :)

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Regards

Yong Lin Ma

Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
HI

On 12-10-04, at 13:03 , Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com> wrote:

> I would like to open up the vote for PMC Chair later today.  I am at a bit of a loss as to how to play this, so I am looking for input from the community.
> Here is where we stand on nominees:
>
>   Active Nominees (Accepted Nomination):
>       Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
>
>   Active Nominees (No Reply Yet):
>       Drew Jensen (atjensen)
>

>   Declining Nominees:
>
>       Donald Harbison (dpharbison)
>       Pedro Giffuni (pfg)
>       Louis Suarez-Potts (louis)
>

> If anyone can reach out to Drew, that would be useful.  I understand that he is more focused on Forums, as compared to the ML.  That said, the Chair would have to do business on, and be active on the ML.
>
> Should I start the vote this evening?
> Should the vote include Andrea and Drew?   (this is my current inclination)
>
> Andrew

Let's give Drew a final call and start Monday. I've added another one of his aliases to the cc list, in bcc.
Should he not reply by Monday, then he ought not to be included. Plenty of time for him to have replied.

-louis

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012 um 19:34 schrieb Donald Harbison:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com> wrote:
> > I would like to open up the vote for PMC Chair later today. I am at a bit
> > of a loss as to how to play this, so I am looking for input from the
> > community.
> > Here is where we stand on nominees:
> >
> > Active Nominees (Accepted Nomination):
> > Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
> >
> > Active Nominees (No Reply Yet):
> > Drew Jensen (atjensen)
> >

> > Declining Nominees:
> >
> > Donald Harbison (dpharbison)
> > Pedro Giffuni (pfg)
> > Louis Suarez-Potts (louis)
> >

> > If anyone can reach out to Drew, that would be useful. I understand that he
> > is more focused on Forums, as compared to the ML. That said, the Chair
> > would have to do business on, and be active on the ML.
> >

> I sent Drew a direct email... with a link to your post here.
> Hopefully, he'll see it soon. Otherwise, I think it's best to start
> the ballot. It'd be fantastic to tee up graduation for the October
> 17th BoD meeting. (IMHO).

I agree and I also have send Drew an email and asked him for feedback on the mailing list.

Juergen

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 10/04/2012 10:34 AM, Donald Harbison wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com> wrote:
>> I would like to open up the vote for PMC Chair later today.  I am at a bit
>> of a loss as to how to play this, so I am looking for input from the
>> community.
>> Here is where we stand on nominees:
>>
>>     Active Nominees (Accepted Nomination):
>>         Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
>>
>>     Active Nominees (No Reply Yet):
>>         Drew Jensen (atjensen)
>>

>>     Declining Nominees:
>>
>>         Donald Harbison (dpharbison)
>>         Pedro Giffuni (pfg)
>>         Louis Suarez-Potts (louis)
>>

>> If anyone can reach out to Drew, that would be useful.  I understand that he
>> is more focused on Forums, as compared to the ML.  That said, the Chair
>> would have to do business on, and be active on the ML.
>
> I sent Drew a direct email... with a link to your post here.
> Hopefully, he'll see it soon. Otherwise, I think it's best to start
> the ballot. It'd be fantastic to tee up graduation for the October
> 17th BoD meeting. (IMHO).

yes it would! :)

>> Should I start the vote this evening?
>> Should the vote include Andrea and Drew?   (this is my current inclination)
>>
>> Andrew
>>

>> On 10/3/2012 2:57 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:
>>>
>>> We have heard from Andrea.  Drew and Louis, do you care to respond?
>>>
>>> A.

MzK

  dealt with a cat."
                                -- Robert Heinlein

Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.