Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2013/01/23 16:01:03 UTC

Name of Flex SDK installer

Hi,

The name of the Apache Flex SDK Installer is "InstallApacheFlex".

I think this is not intuitive, because when you have a long list of software, like in the Programs Control Panel, you will tend to search under "A" for Apache or "F" for "Flex", not "I" for Install.

I would suggest to name it "ApacheFlexInstaller".

What do you think?

Maurice

[cid:image003.png@01CDF982.CA2CA2C0]

RE: Name of Flex SDK installer

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 23, 2013 2:32 PM, "Maurice Amsellem" <ma...@systar.com>
wrote:

> You are right, it's the old version (the one that I had to uninstall)
that was named InstallApacheFlex.

> The newly installed one is named Apache Flex SDK Installer.
>
> Sorry for the bothering.
>
> Maurice

No need to apologize :-)

Om

it should appear under the Program Files sub-directory - "Apache Flex"

> Are you sure you dont have an older (or perhaps one of the first release
> candidates) which used to be called "InstallApacheFlex"?
>
> You should probably uninstall the existing version and install the new
version from here: flex.apache.org/installer.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.
+1 for that.