Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Norris Shelton <no...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/21 16:09:09 UTC

Authenticating users without unique username

We identify our users by site id, username and password.  The
standard Catalina Realms expect username and password only.
This will possibly not find the correct user.

Does it increment through the columns looking for another row
with the same username and the correct password?

Do I need to implement a custom realm?  If so which one?  Any examples?

=====

Norris Shelton
Software Engineer
Sun Certified Java 1.1 Programmer