Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2005/12/15 11:14:57 UTC

Re: [jelly] Gump failures: Jexl !

well, that was correct... it was just a matter of trying and guessing
which was the faulty one...

Change the current parent-project.xml at Jexl from 1.0 to SNAPSHOT...
and you get a very similar error report as gump does.

Change the current parent-project.xml at everything latest (except
Xerces) but keep jexl 1.0... and you get a successful build.

Can someone jexl aware investigate issues there ? Maybe I'll give it
some cycles next week but not earlier.

That should be pretty easy.

thanks

paul

Re: [jelly] Gump failures: Jexl !

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Jexl has changed from 1.0. It used to provide all numbers as a Long,
regardless of size.

Since 1.0 to allow methods that take bytes, shorts etc to be invoked
easier, the results are narrowed to a smaller type.

This probably will need some investigation, as the change in JEXL may
have broken compatibility accidentally.

On 12/16/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> That totally surprises me, because I didn't think Jexl had changed since
> 1.0.
>
> Dion is the only person I'm aware of here that has looked at that code.
> Dion?
>
> - Brett
>
> Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> > well, that was correct... it was just a matter of trying and guessing
> > which was the faulty one...
> >
> > Change the current parent-project.xml at Jexl from 1.0 to SNAPSHOT...
> > and you get a very similar error report as gump does.
> >
> > Change the current parent-project.xml at everything latest (except
> > Xerces) but keep jexl 1.0... and you get a successful build.
> >
> > Can someone jexl aware investigate issues there ? Maybe I'll give it
> > some cycles next week but not earlier.
> >
> > That should be pretty easy.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > paul
> >
> > Brett Porter wrote:
> >> It doesn't matter what Maven installation you use, I don't think, though
> >> IIRC Gump still uses 1.0.2 if that helps.
> >>
> >> I believe the failure is commons-jelly-tags-xml, not commons-jelly.
> >>
> >> Remember, gump uses the latest of everything, so you need to build the
> >> latests Jelly library snapshot and update the dependency of the tags to
> >> use that too.
> >>
> >> maven -X will reveal what libraries are actually in use.
> >>
> >> - Brett

Bernard Shaw

Re: [jelly] Gump failures: Jexl !

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.