Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Cohen <SC...@sportvision.com> on 2003/07/18 00:23:56 UTC

CommonsLoggingListener

I made a build of Ant 1.5.3 and we have been using it in my shop for 2
or 3 months now.  Now one of my developers would like to use
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.CommonsLoggingListener, as mentioned in
Erik and Steve's book p. 507.  However, although I see the source file
in the 1.5.3
distribution, the build I made did not make a class file for it.

How do I do a build of ant that includes this file?  Is it the same deal
as with the optional tasks, that you must put some jar on the classpath
in order to build this file?

Thanks

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Sportvision Inc.

scohen@sportvision.com
http://www.sportvision.com

Re: CommonsLoggingListener

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Hi Steve,

In ant1.6alpha CommonsLoggingListener gets put into optional.jar (and also
in ant-commons-logging.jar presumably because of dependency upon Jakarta
Commons Logging).

I guess it is the same in ant 1.5.3.

You might be missing the Commons Logging library.

I notice that I do not see it listed in the manual under library
dependencies. :(
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#librarydependencies

I will see if it is mentioned in the CVS HEAD version of this file or add
it.

Antoine

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Steve Cohen wrote:
> I made a build of Ant 1.5.3 and we have been using it in my shop for 2
> or 3 months now.  Now one of my developers would like to use
> org.apache.tools.ant.listener.CommonsLoggingListener, as mentioned in
> Erik and Steve's book p. 507.  However, although I see the source file
> in the 1.5.3
> distribution, the build I made did not make a class file for it.

Oops

> How do I do a build of ant that includes this file?  Is it the same deal
> as with the optional tasks, that you must put some jar on the classpath
> in order to build this file?

Presumably you need to have commons-logging.jar on the classpath, or in
lib/optional at the very least, and also in the lib dir of the dev team.