Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jürgen Lind <Ju...@iteratec.de> on 2008/06/20 10:21:27 UTC

Session Creation Problem

Hi,

I am facing a little annoyance in conjunction with session creation that I have
been unable to fix until now:

1. My pages are guarded using MetaDataRoleAuthorizationStrategy
2. When the homepage is opened, the user is redirected to the Login page
3. Now, if the user does not fill out the form immediately but waits very long,
    a "Page Expired" error is thrown when the form is submitted

As I said, this is not a big problem but rather an annoyance that I would like
to have fixed. Can anybody tell me what the problem is? I assume that a session
is created immediately when the user opens the home page. How can I avoid this
behavior?

Kind Regards,

Jürgen

--
Dr. Jürgen Lind
iteratec GmbH                Fon: +49 (0)89 614551-44

Sitz und Registergericht der iteratec GmbH: München HRB 113 519
Geschäftsführer: Klaus Eberhardt, Mark Goerke, Inge Hanschke, Ralf Menzel

Re: Session Creation Problem

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
stateless form generates a bookmarkable action url so the page
instance is recreated when the form submits rather then pulled from
session.

-igor

Posted by Jürgen Lind <Ju...@iteratec.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Lind <Ju...@iteratec.de>.
Hi Igor,

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Lind <Ju...@iteratec.de>.
Hi,

I tried using a stateless form for the Login page, but it seems that a new
session is created before the page is even called. I inserted a stacktrack
output in the constructor of my Wicket-Session (which happens to be s subclass
of AuthenticatedWebSession)  and that trace shows me that
AuthenticatedWebApplication.newSession is called by wicket somewhere in the
application lifecycle.

I can reproduce the behavior by adding a "logout" link that invalidates the
current  session and redirects to the Homepage (implying a redirect to the Login

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
use a stateless form