Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> on 2003/04/04 11:59:24 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Inheriting project properties and maven.xml

+10000

:)

I believe it already exists in beta-8 for maven.xml and is supposed to exist
in beta-9 for proeprties (though I have not tried).

I would also love to see inheritance of build.properties aswell ... ;)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:34, vmassol@pivolis.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose to support inheritance of project properties and
> maven.xml. It would work in the following way:
>
> if the project POM extends a project.xml (<extend> tag)
>   set inheritdir = location of inherited project.xml
>   if project.properites exist in inheritdir
>     load inheritdir/project.properties
>   fi
>   if maven.xml exists in inheritdir
>     load inheritdir/maven.xml
>   fi
> fi
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

Cheers,

Peter Donald
The phrase "computer literate user" really means the person
has been hurt so many times that the scar tissue is thick
enough so he no longer feels the pain.
   -- Alan Cooper, The Inmates are Running the Asylum